The rectangular bathroom which has a shower gives you a valuable space and the privacy time you need to spend on your body.
If you have a larger floor plan, a washroom can easily fit into one end of a rectangular room and add a touch of modern luxury.
Before choosing the style and decor of your washroom, you need to measure the room as accurately as possible keeping in mind washroom windows, washroom door and ceiling height, as these are key dimensions that will help you to determine the desired washroom style and design.
Always remember the plumbing aspect- pipe layout in your washroom as it is one time exercise for your overall home structure.
Benefits of Rectangular Bathroom Floor Plans
A rectangular washroom floor plan gives your home the design and various benefits:
- Versatility– Rectangular bathroom floor plans offer a versatile design, so they suit a variety of bathroom styles and layouts. From classic to contemporary styles, the rectangular floor plan accommodates a variety of interior elements such as furniture and finishes to easily customize the aesthetic.
- Spacing– Rectangular bathroom floor plans are known for their space capacity. Rectangular designs use every free space, especially the corner space which is a great solution for a small space.
- Justification– Practicality is the core of any beautiful bathroom and rectangular floor plans justify the same. If you have imagined and delegated space to your bathroom vanity, tub and toilet then you have justified and have created an arranged bathroom.
- Reachable– Rectangular bathrooms are planned so that every bathroom user can reach out to every place and articles easily. It’s designed to help the movement of elderly people safely and soundly.
Design Considerations for Rectangular Bathrooms
Below are some of the factors you should consider before designing your rectangular bathrooms:
- Headcount– Take the number of people who would be using the bathroom on a daily basis. The bathroom design ideas takes into account the number of people who primarily use the space.
- Piping configuration– The existing piping configuration is to be considered, as it can be expensive and difficult to move while designing your bathroom.
- Storage space– Where to keep your towels, extra toilet rolls and your makeup, these things must be considered when you are planning your rectangular bathroom.
- Sufficient lighting– If you have natural light coming into your rectangular bathroom nothing like it but some artificial lights need to be installed in your bathroom space like bath, shower, bathroom mirrors. Consider the installation of various lights carefully.
- Conserve Water– Your space can be designed to conserve water by adopting an efficient toilet, sink and shower head.
- Blending– Your bathroom can complement the overall style of your home with its design. Review your home’s current colors, fixtures, doors and other features to ensure the bathroom blends with the rest of the house.
Popular Rectangular Bathroom Layouts
Some of the most modern and popular rectangular bathroom layouts are:
- Double Wall Layout– The use of two walls in your rectangular bathroom is designed in such a way that one wall has the sink and the toilet and the other wall has the bathtub or shower area. The storage space is more with shelf and vanity space.
- Single Wall Layout– With only one sink and shower, this rectangular bathroom layout is best for a guest bathroom. All piping in the same wall saves labor and delivery.
Lighting Strategies for Rectangular Bathrooms
When designing a Rectangular bathroom, it’s important to consider the lighting
- In the rectangular bathroom, the main mood light can be whatever you want, as long as it fits physically in the room. You can have a small chandelier that adds elegance to our bath.
- Pendant lights are also a good choice if the bathroom has a fairly high ceiling. Whatever ambient light you choose, it should illuminate most of the room. It’s a light that comes on when you use the bathroom for just a few minutes or when you just need to go in to get something.
- In addition to the main ceiling light, recessed lights can be added above the shower and bath to increase ambient. In the bathroom, accent lights can be wall lights that illuminate a certain space and add light to the lower part of the bathroom.
- The light for any work done in front of the mirror, including brushing teeth, shaving and applying makeup. In many bathrooms, the vanity is a light fixture with several light bulbs mounted above the mirror.
Flooring and Tile Considerations
The surface of the bathroom should be an optional tile, natural stone or porcelain and ceramics imitating natural stone.
- The tiles are larger and the color schemes are neutral whereas Ceramic tile floors are designed to be more durable than ceramic tiles to prevent slipping
- The Polished natural stone provides grip even when the floor gets wet in this case the surface is smooth but not polished. Natural stone can also be sandblasted.
- Sealed hardwood floors prevent moisture damage and can provide a consistent look when the rest of the home has wood floors. And regular vinyl is easy to wipe off and very affordable.
- You can choose to carpet one part of the master bath, such as an area where you place an upholstered seat or a space that serves as a peaceful transition area. Alternatively, consider rugs that provide the same softness and are easy to remove and clean.
Also read the things to consider when choosing white granite.
How to design a rectangle bathroom?
Some design ideas to help you get the most out of a rectangular bathroom layout:
- A rectangular washroom layout for a big space needs to combine with a shower area and a bathtub giving it an elegant look.
- Using neutral colors at your washroom walls provides a symmetrical look. The neutral colors give a timeless classic glance to your pleasing interiors of the washroom.
- Placing your vanity lower down your bathe area gives a swanky view while balancing the use of a rectangular bathroom wall.
- Plenty of space is available in a rectangular bathroom layout giving you ample storage space for your belongings.
- Using subway tiles at your rectangular bathroom layout creates an eye-catching environment with comfortable decor and accessories.
- Lighting up your rectangular bathroom by having different types of lights at your ceilings, vanity and mirrors gives a perfect bigger look to your small space.
A rectangular washroom layout gives you a modern style to your home space where you have placed a toilet, sink and a bath area that is ready to be used by you and your family
What is the minimum space to build a bathroom?
The smallest size is fifteen square feet, which can fit a sink and a toilet.
What is the size of a small bathroom in Australia?
The small average Australian bathroom size is 3m×2m,meters squared approx. A bathroom of this size will fit a toilet, shower, cabinetry and vanity.
What pattern makes a small bathroom look bigger?
A Rectangular bathroom floor layout plan makes a small bathroom look bigger.
What color walls make bathrooms look bigger?
By having white, cream and gray colors in your bathroom walls, you can make your bathroom look bigger.
How can I make my small bathroom look rich?
By having a rectangular bathroom layout at your home you can make a small bathroom look rich and comfortable.